On Saturday, I am giving my first raw foods workshop! I have to admit, this has been way too long on the back burner, but I am happy to say that I am finally doing it. And at 8 and a half months pregnant, no less. Also, I will be giving the workshop in Spanish!
I think that for me, the hardest part of the preparation has been in costing the ingredients. It is impossible to put a fair price on the workshop if you don’t know how much it will cost in just food. I set my price quite low this time, and to be fair I am doing it solely for the experience and not to make a profit. However, in the future, that may change. Also, I think that I won’t be doing a raw cheesecake again, as literally one-third of the food cost is in raw, organic cashews. I suppose I could compromise and use non organic but I really don’t want to do that. I like that the ingredients I will be using are 100% organic!
My menu is going to be:
Upon arrival, fresh stevia lemonade and kale chips to snack on.
- Nut Milk (almond)
- Green Smoothie (pineapple, frozen banana and kale)
- Red Bell Pepper Cream Soup
- Zucchini Fettucini with Marinated Spinach and Basil Cream Sauce
- Zucchini Angel Hair Pasta with Red Pesto
- Mediterranean Paté with cucumber rounds and flax crackers to serve
- Chia Pudding with fresh fruit compote
- Strawberry Cheesecake with Magic Chocolate Sauce
With the workshop, I am including a booklet with all the recipes from the workshop along with about twenty of my favorite recipes, resource list, and frequently asked questions and answers.
I have put in a lot of work into this, so I hope it goes well!